The Regional Animal Protection Society is a no-kill animal-serving agency. Under our care, no animal is ever euthanized due to lack of space, treatable illness, physical defect, age, behavioural or socialization issues.
Many of our residents have health issues such as diabetes, feline leukemia or FIV. Others have socialization or behavioural issues that make them unlikely residents in most homes – issues like incontinence or inability to control their bowels. Many come from jurisdictions where these comparatively minor issues would have resulted in euthanasia.
But RAPS was founded with the vision that all animals deserve the right to their best life. We also believe that where an animal lives should not determine whether an animal lives. That’s why cats have come to us from throughout British Columbia and beyond.
We are able to save and improve the lives of animals because of friends like you.
We will open Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm in the Spring of 2023. Stay tuned!
Please try to keep your visit to one hour so others can enjoy the sanctuary. Visitors may be asked to wait to be admitted entry when full capacity is reached.
FOR THE SAFETY AND WELL-BEING OF VISITORS AND RESIDENTS, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES. THANK YOU.
– Masks are strongly encouraged.
– Children under 6 not permitted.
– Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
– Maximum two children per adult.
– Not all our cats are tame or friendly. Please ask before you touch. Bandages & antiseptics are available in bathrooms.
– Absolutely no admission to cordoned off areas, closed pens or cages.
– Please limit the number of visitors in our buildings. If crowded, please visit a different area and return later.
– Many of our cats are on special diets. Please do not feed cats.
– Do not pick up the cats.
– Do not disturb sleeping cats.
– Do not enter quiet zones for cats.
– Please move slowly around the cats. No running.
– Do not chase cats or restrict a cat’s movements.
– Be gentle and respectful at all times.
– Speak quietly. No shouting or raised voices.
– No flash photography.
– Parking is extremely limited.
– Please take transit or carpool whenever possible.
– Do not park in the Phoenix Perennials parking lot.
– Please park on No 6 Road.
Address: 3380 No 6 Rd, Richmond, BC V6V 1P5 (located behind Phoenix Perennials)
Open Saturdays & Sundays only, from 1:00 – 4:00pm
Adoptions at the Sanctuary are by appointment only. Call 604-275-2036.
A shelter is intended to be a temporary place where animals who are homeless, surrendered, abandoned or otherwise find them- selves in need stay while they prepare for the next phase of their lives. The RAPS City of Richmond Animal Shelter welcomes hundreds of animals every year and finds them forever homes or foster homes.
The RAPS Cat Sanctuary exists as a forever home for hundreds of cats who are unlikely to find a family home. While some of the cats here are adoptable – and some do find families – most will live out their days in this happy place, surrounded by human and feline friends, receiving all the affection, food, veterinary care and love they need and want.
This is a magical place … a “Kitty Club Med” … and the reason why many or most of these cats remain alive. Many came here from jurisdictions where their minor ailments would have resulted in euthanasia. Here, they will live happy, safe, contented lives. Thanks to your support.
Donations of high quality dry and wet cat food gratefully accepted.